7th ANNUAL BIG APPLE FILM FESTIVAL TO TAKE PLACE NOVEMBER 2-6
October 14, 2010
The 7th Annual Big Apple Film Festival will take place November 2-6, 2010 at Tribeca Cinemas in the heart of New York City.
This year’s festival will feature 110 films of all lengths and genres, as well as post screening Q and A’s and discussions with special guests, panel discussions with industry professionals, awards presentation, opening and closing night receptions.
Special screenings and events include:
- New York City premiere of “Montana Amazon” starring and executive produced by Academy Award winner Olympia Dukakis, Academy Award nominee Haley Joel Osment and Alison Brie (“Madmen”, “Community”, “Scream 4”). Featuring a special post screening discussion with Haley Joel Osment.
- “Circus Maximus” starring Julian McCulogh(Comedy Central), Independent Spirit Award nominee Kevin Corrigan(The Departed, Chelsea Walls) and actor/comedian Mario Cantone. Followed by post screening discussion and special honorary award presentations to Kevin Corrigan and Mario Cantone.
- New York City premiere of “Harvest” starring Academy Award nominee Robert Loggia, Jack Carpenter, Tony Winner Victoria Clark, Arye Gross, and Academy Award nominee Barbara Barrie. Music by Grammy & Tony Winner Duncan Sheik and David Poe.
- “Barbershop Punk” featuring Janeane Garofalo and Henry Rollins(official selection 2010 SXSW Film Festival and 2010 AFI Film Festival)
- “Seducing Charlie Barker” starringDaphne Zuniga, Stephen Barker Turner, Heather Gordon, David Wilson Barnes, Steve Cell
- “Hello Lonesome” (official selection 2010 Los Angeles Film Festival)
- Special 20th Year Anniversary screening of Martin Scorsese’s “Goodlfellas”. Screening hosted by actor/comedian Tony Darrow and featuring other special guests.
- Discussion: DIY Film Distribution and the Future of Independent Film Distribution. Featured speakers include: Isil Bagdadi, Co-Founder/President of CAVU Pictures ( “The Dukes” starring Chazz Palminteri and Peter Bogdanovich, Independent Spirit Award Nominee “Take Out”, Slamdance Film Festival winner “The Holy Land”), and Elliot Kanbar, President of QUAD CINEMAS, NYC.
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS of the 2010 BAFF INCLUDE:
JetBlue Airways, Stella Artois, Whole Foods, Ben and Jack’s Steak House, Notaro Ristorante, NY Asian Grill, IFP, Cinematical.com, La Mela Ristorante, SAGIndie